Forged Hunter dressed in black...

J. Doyle

Dealer - Purveyor
Here's a nice little guardless hunter I made to take to the Blade show. Really nice and light in hand, compact but quite durable. Went with a dark theme on this one.

Specs:
Hand forged from 1075 steel, clay quenched and etched
3 3/4" blade, 8 1/8" overall, .190" thick at the ricasso w/ full distal taper
Rounded spine and ricasso edge for comfort
Filed, rounded thumb grip
Damascus fluted collars with damascus coined spacer
Premium Curly Hard Maple handle, stained black and oil finished
Damascus Bolt cover

All comments and discussion welcome.

Very nice John, I hope to see it there.

Thanks Calvin. You're on the top of my list of people to look up once I get there. Thanks for posting.

Another nice one, John! Expertly done.

Thanks Brandant! I appreciate it.

John
You make beautiful knives. I give it three (3) days and it will be sold. :biggrin:
DeMo

Ha! It didn't even make it three days. It made it about an hour. I'm surprised it went as fast as it did.

Great knife John I really like the sculpted guard or spacer

Thanks Brad. Glad to see you posting. We've missed you around here. :)

Thanks again guys.

Very nice, SOOO much going for it. Its clean, functional, classic.....and on and on....A+++ every time from you! Thanks for shareing

That is a stunning knife. Love the flow of the lines as well as the theme. What did you use to get the maple that dark??

John, when you do the through bolt design do you glue or lock tight the bolt? Or do you just tighten the nut up let the owner be able to take it apart?

Thanks again guys.

Hi Ty. I almost always glue these up with epoxy permanently before they get shipped off to their new owners. In almost all cases, I don't really want the end user being able to disassemble the knife. Stuff has to be carefully fit and assembled and there is too much opportunity for damaged or lost parts.

Back