Logo marking help needed!

So my first thoughts on the logo is a very angry panda with a gas mask on! Am I close?? LOL

If the stencil is working, they usually continue to work unless you burn it up, (staying to long on the count for etching) I am thinking it may be either your etch on the steel or the etchant you are using!! Your stencil is not wrinkling is it. That is an indication of a stencil that has/is burning up!!

The Radio shack etchant is what a lot of people use for etchant but I made poor man's etchant when I first started and it works!!

I mixed up a salt etch, 1 box of pool salt to a gallon of water. Leave a cup or two of water out of the jug. You will have to keep coming back and shaking it for a while to get all of it too dissolve into only a gallon of water!!! I mixed it for a week every time I walked by the gallon jug! When I finally got all of the salt to dissolve I topped off the jug! I am still using that first gallon and all I do is shake it vigorously before use!!

IMO it looks as if something resisted that etch, since the top part of the etch took well! Maybe someone else can shed more light on it!!!

Yep a cool panda with a mask lol... I have the knife dogs etchant for all steel

Last edited:
Back