Hello

bigfrankhoover

I just joined trying to find some info about my knives. I have been collecting since my uncle died and left me about 20 assorted knives around 2004. I began to get more serious after I retired in 2007. I had polio in 1948 as an 8 month old baby. Like most polio victims, I cobbled myself together and lead a normally active athletic life. I have developed Post Polio Syndrome and have become disabled and spend most of my time sitting around our house. I can get around but tire extremely fast and use an electric cart to get around. I have become interested in collecting 'little' things, like knives, watches, money clips, mechanical pencils etc. By keeping the stuff small I can store my 'collections' close enough to get to quickly. The 20 or so knives my uncle left me have grown to around 200. There are more pocket knives than fixed blades, more old than new but its a varied collection.

Welcome to the forum. We makers appreciate all those collectors out there who enjoy well-made knives. It's nice to have you with us.

Back