Bottom of Kbac box connections?

Justin Presson

Hey guys, I finally got me a 3 phase motor and a kbac vfd!! Woohoo!
I temporarily hooked it up to see how it works and mainly to check and see if the used motor I bought actually worked. Well it does and with some help from Self made on the wireing all is good.

Like the title says where do I get the dust/water proof connectors that go over your cords and into the bottom of the kbac?
Here is a pic to show what I'm talking about, I don't know what they are called.

JP
8dcc95b7c3d36a769030c93699feb7fd.jpg

I would use what are known as "gland connectors", often called "erickson fittings " or "CG connectors". You'll need to know the size of the holes in the bottom of the Kbac, (probably either 7/8" or 1-1/8", which in the electrical world is 1/2 or 3/4 'trade size') and the od of your cords. The connectors have a rubber gland washer in them that tightens down with a nut and seals around the cable. You should be able to get them at any electrical supply house, and possibly even Lowe's or Home Depot.

Like stayed above, you need cord grips. Either 1/2 or 3/4 NPT . They will need conduit lock nuts if the VFD isn't threaded. Cut a piece off of each cord so you can match the size. Remember Justin, I'm a Master Electrician by trade. I'll help you out with any of your wiring issues.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Thanks guys that's what I needed to know, I wondered around Lowes for longer than I should have looking for something but found nothing. There is an electrical supply place in town I will check there.
Thanks Chris... I thought you just made knives LOL :)

You probably won't find them at a local big box store. An electrical supply MIGHT have them, depending on how big they are. You can also check Grainger or McMaster, or another industrial supply.

I spent 9 years working at an electrical supply house. We stocked a ton of them in various sizes. I do have to admit though that the place I worked at was/is probably among the largest 'independent ' elec distributors in the country.
I would think any outlet that deals alot in commercial / industrial supply would have them, though a place that deals largely in residential supply might not... Might even try Fastenall if you have one of those locally, though I would be a bit surprised if they had em on the shelf.

you can get the right fittings for sure here:

electricmotorwholesale.com

search "KBAC"

choose your VFD and then click on "accessories"

the liquid tight fitting are listed there as a kit for your drive.

7834fdbdd95d9242448bf2d068abf527.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back