David Crawford ~ Hunter

Caleb Royer

maker: David Crawford
9" OAL with 4.5” blade.
154 cpm steel.
Amber jigged bone handle w/ red liners & tapered tang.
Pinned & soldered 416 guard.

click image to enlarge

...To speak something honestly:....the pictures are much to much high quality compared to the execution of the knife...I see a lot of flaws, unclean fit of the guard joining the stag slabs, cutting bevel is ground to far back into the ricasso, there are grinding marks from removing solder in front of the guard still visible, there are more but ok...well, I apologize for my straight words...but I dont understand what makes it worth to take such high end pictures of a knife that lacks of clean fit and execution(maybe there are personal relationships or some other reasons I dont know)....
I dont want to dispirit the maker or hurt the feelings of anybody.
I experienced similar critics years ago and Thanks to those makers speaking straight, giving me the chance to do and become better.....it is not about skills, because this maker has skills, what is obvious, in my point of view it is about diligence and/or consciousness.
I know it is always appreciated only to say whats nice and beautiful...but sometimes it is natural to say what really is there in the eye of the beholder.

with all due respect

Last edited:
I like it. If there are those flaws that were pointed out, I either have very bad eyes or I'm looking at a different picture. Nice work, love the Amber with the red!

Wayne

Back