And There Were

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
Two Books. The Holy Bible and the Book of Life.

Those that Believe and Obeyed the First found Their Names in the Second.

Prayer opens the door but the Bible Opens the Gate. Just how important is knowing God's Word?

I posted this back in 2009 when I first started my forum here on Knifedogs. It got a good response but there was a little negativity because of it. Could have been because I made it a sticky. I feel even more strongly now than when I posted this the first time since know how correct this statement is. As I have aged my knife making hasn't stopped all together however I did bring a bible into my shop. More of my time is spent in the Word. Can I say the Holy Spirit made me do it?

I found this excerpt in the pocket size Guidons Bible.

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and it decisions are immutable. Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.
It is the traveler's map, the pilgrim's staff, the pilot's compass, the soldier's sword, and the Christian's charter. Here Paradise is restored, Heaven opened, and the gates of hell disclosed.

CHRIST is its grand subject, our good the design, and the glory of God its end.
It should fill the memory, rule the heart, and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently, and prayerfully. It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure. It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered for ever. It involves the highest responsibility, will reward the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

Samuel Boggs is the author of these words This is an excerpt from a speech he gave in 1923.

I'm with you Ray.
I'm a firm believer in daily ,lifelong Bible study.
It's the word of God,why wouldn't a believer not want to know the word and will of God?

I agree, gentlemen. May I also add that the application of the knowledge gained from scripture study is just as important as the acquisition of said knowledge. We come to know the Savior by following in his footsteps and performing for others those acts of kindness that he would do if he still walked among us.

Back