CPM154 and Elk Fur

J. Hoffman

Dealer - Purveyor
I just finished this one and it's off to the Badger Knife Show this weekend. The blade is CPM154. I did the heat treat and cryo. Rc is 59. The handle is stabilized Elk fur with stainless corbys. I like the way it turned out.

Very interesting idea - stabilized elk hair. Did you make it yourself? It's very tempting, but I won't ask how you got the elk to hold still for a haircut. I promise I won't!

Will this be for sale at Badger and would a lowly wood chipper such as myself be able to afford such a prize and still bring home milk for the babies?
Just asking.

Why yes Steve, this one will be for sale at the Badger Knife Show. Actually, it has a special "Janik" price, which is only 15% over normal retail. The elk was surprisingly still during the whole process, I'm not even sure he realized he lost some fur. The product was made by a man named Robert Belcher. He offers elk, white tail, zebra, giraffe and Bambi fur.

Thats a blend of unique and simple, I like it. Do you have a link or a way to get in touch w Mr Belcher? I may have to make a knife with some zebra for the inlaw. And the elk an white tail an bambi sound tempting. Hehe

Pretty dang cool Jess, see something new everyday. It actually looks good, I would like to see the other stuff he offers too.
I'm sure it stunk bad when finishing it...blahh

Back