Old jack knife

Brad Lilly

Moderator and Awards Boss
My father gave me an interesting gift tonight. This folder was my great grandfathers knife. There is a rumor he used it a little, its not quite mint condition:biggrin:. The blade has been opened and shut so much there is only half the lettering on it but I'm sure it says Sheffield (and he immigrated to Canada from Portsmouth England) I thought you guys might get a kick out of seeing it.

Been used just a bit! :biggrin: If it could talk can you imagine the stories it would tell!!!:what!: I got some knives that belonged to my wife's Grandfather. They tend to resemble that one! That does your heart good to hold a piece like that one!!

My father gave me an interesting gift tonight. This folder was my great grandfathers knife. There is a rumor he used it a little, its not quite mint condition:biggrin:. The blade has been opened and shut so much there is only half the lettering on it but I'm sure it says Sheffield (and he immigrated to Canada from Portsmouth England) I thought you guys might get a kick out of seeing it.

Brad,
What a precious family heirloom to have. You are so fortunate to to inherit that knife. Knowing you, I'm sure you will pass it on to your son some day.

Back