Just a thought. Create a "Test Forum"

Sticks

Another forum similar to Knife Dogs, the "Civilian Marksmanship Forum" forum ("forums.theCMP.org/index.php") has a sub forum called "Test Forum". The purpose is to let members test posting pictures, links, videos, etc. I think it is important to post pictures as opposed to thumbnails. Its my understanding, from some time ago, that non-members cannot open the thumbnails. Generally, there are more non-members than members viewing the forum and in any regard "pasted" pictures as opposed to thumbnails make for a better post likely to be viewed more times. I realize that you can "see' your post before actually posting it. But, some may not know that or be frustrated and give up. Nobody wants to make a bad post. Just a thought.

Jay

Another forum similar to Knife Dogs, the "Civilian Marksmanship Forum" forum ("forums.theCMP.org/index.php") has a sub forum called "Test Forum". The purpose is to let members test posting pictures, links, videos, etc. I think it is important to post pictures as opposed to thumbnails. Its my understanding, from some time ago, that non-members cannot open the thumbnails. Generally, there are more non-members than members viewing the forum and in any regard "pasted" pictures as opposed to thumbnails make for a better post likely to be viewed more times. I realize that you can "see' your post before actually posting it. But, some may not know that or be frustrated and give up. Nobody wants to make a bad post. Just a thought.

Jay
Hi Jay

Posts can be edited but I agree with you. A test forum could be useful to check issues.

Todo10'

Thank you for responding! Not to be a pest about this, but maybe some one could add "Sticky" posts with instructions for posting photos, etc. Here is a link...I think I posted it OK to the CMP test forum. The posts are not archived meaning that they are deleted every so often.

http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=84

Jay

Back