Forged Hunter with Buckeye Burl

J. Doyle

Dealer - Purveyor
Here's another one of my little guardless hunters. This is nice and light with a thin edge, but it's pretty stout and durable at the same time. Compact yet still fully capable. I love all the colors and figure going on in this buckeye burl.

Specs:
Hand forged from 1075 steel, clay quenched and etched.
8" overall, 3 3/4" blade, .180" thick at the ricasso with full distal taper
Rounded spine and ricasso edge
Rounded, filed thumb grip
Black g-10 collar
Stabilized Buckeye Burl handle

All comments and discussion welcome.

John, as we all know it is very difficult to find a "signature" look but you have done it and done it in spades I might add. I could see one of these little beaut's from across the room and IMMEDIATELY know you made it. I dare say that in years to come these may be as popular as Loveless hunters or Lake folders. I'm gonna have to get around to trying one myself one of these days (with your blessing of course). I hope I can do it justice.

Thanks for all the good words guys. I appreciate it!

John, as we all know it is very difficult to find a "signature" look but you have done it and done it in spades I might add. I could see one of these little beaut's from across the room and IMMEDIATELY know you made it. I dare say that in years to come these may be as popular as Loveless hunters or Lake folders. I'm gonna have to get around to trying one myself one of these days (with your blessing of course). I hope I can do it justice.

Darrin, this post means a lot to me. While I don't know if it would ever be as iconic as the Loveless or Lake knives, I appreciate your support of the design. You absolutely have my blessing to make one and I'd love to see your take on it! Thanks buddy!

John

That is a beautiful knife.

Every once in a while, I can make a nice knife. You consistently do it over and over and over again!

Just amazing how you can do that. . .

DeMo

Last edited:
Wow, Im never let down on how you can make a knife just scream use me and show me off to your buddies.
Sorry for the simple response but I cant find any $5 words to use to express how I feel. Lol

So clean and functional. I love all the small details that pull it all together. I can see this in a small leather cross draw sheath worn about 10 o clock. It would make a dandy edc knife. Well done

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back