KD Awards Winners

Brad Lilly

Moderator and Awards Boss
The threads are closed down for this year. Here are the winners

Tactical Fixed Blade - Ben Tendick
Top Dog - Calvin Robinson
Non Tactical Fixed Blade under 10" - Travis Fry
Non Tactical Fixed Blade Over 10" - John Doyle (This was stacked this year and close right to the end)
Kitchen Knives - HHH Knives Randy Hass
Best New Maker - Daniel Rohode (Another close one and great work from the other two guys)
Leatherworks - Claud Scott
Forum Educator - Ed Caffrey
Non Tactical Folder - Calvin Robinson
Neo Tribal / Bushcraft / Hawks, Axes - Erin Burke (You got me by one vote, good job)
Tactical Folder - John Doyle

Thanks to everyone who participated and congratulations to all the winners.

Congratulations to all the winners.

2015 on KD showed a lot a great knives and other projects. I personally think 2016 will be even better. Everyone keep up the good work!

DeMo

To win something like this is always an honor. It's never easy with SO many fantastic makers and such tough competition. To win twice is truly humbling that some of you liked my work that much. I don't take it lightly and I'd like to sincerely thank anyone that nominated and voted for my knives.

Brad, thanks for managing this event from year to year. I know it's a LOT of work and you're a busy man. I appreciate you too. Thank you!

Also, every one that participated with nominations and voting deserves a pat on the back as well. It's all of you (us) as a group that makes this work.

Congrats to the winners in the various categories!

Last edited:
congratulations to the winners. Every one of you deserves it.

I especially want to congratulate Daniel Rohde as Best New Maker. Seeing his knives over the last year has continually pushed me to improve my own. Daniel, you deserve every bit of this title and I tip my hat to you.

Thank you, John Doyle for your selflessness and for the guidance you've given me. Congratulations on both of your wins!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John, I think you deserved it too! It was a toss up between you and Daniel, you've both been putting out some nice stuff. That category was a hard one for me, I wanted to vote for both of you. Congrats to the winners!

Congratulations to everyone! I think J Doyle said my thoughts very well. Congrats to him on the two awards, they were well deserved.

I'm honored, thank you all! John, thank you for the kind words, I'm humbled. I really don't know what to say except you have pushed me aswell! I have been, and still am, impressed with your work and I think we both owe a thanks to the great teachers on the forum. I hope we can continue to push each other.

Ed Caffrey: Well deserved forum educator award, your presents around here is MUCH appreciated!

Congratulations to all the winners and the nominees. There is a lot of excellent work going on here.

Congrats to all the nominees and winners. This is a pretty prestigious award and you should be proud.
i know i am proud of mine.

Congrats to all of the winners.

*** ALL WINNERS ***

Can you please send me the following information:

Name on the Plaque:

Ship to Address

I will need to have these get made up. So bear with me, it will be a few weeks.

Thank you!
beth

Wow-ee-wow... did that come out of nowhere or what?
Thanks for the nomination John, and thanks to the folks who took time to vote. :thumbup:
Erin

PS... Brad, you're a badass. :35:

Congratulations to all the nominees & winners. It was humbling to be nominated for my work and my contribution to the knife community. It was an honor to even be mentioned along side such a fine group of makers.
There were some beautiful pieces in every category and I look for it to be even better next year. I'm already working on my first entry.

I always enjoy knife competitions and this one was a good one. Taking a whooping from John Doyle kinda stings though. :) Congrats John!! I remember when you won your "best new maker" and it wasn't that long ago. You have truly blossomed, Nice work! Its going to be fun watching where you go from here.

All the entrants and winners turned in great knives. Congrats to all of you guys. Thanks Brad for all the hard work and Tracy and the crew for putting this thing together.

Wow guys (and girls)! This is exciting. Thanks for the votes--this really means a lot to me, even if I do think I won only because John Doyle didn't have one in the category ;). I'm honored to be a part of this great community.

I always enjoy knife competitions and this one was a good one. Taking a whooping from John Doyle kinda stings though. :) Congrats John!! I remember when you won your "best new maker" and it wasn't that long ago. You have truly blossomed, Nice work! Its going to be fun watching where you go from here.

All the entrants and winners turned in great knives. Congrats to all of you guys. Thanks Brad for all the hard work and Tracy and the crew for putting this thing together.

Bruce, I appreciate this post. You're bringing back some memories of some fun times. You're right....it wasn't that long ago. The truth is, I wouldn't be where I'm at without you some of these other guys sharing, teaching, critiquing and helping me along when I was just getting into this. So thank you!

It is a real honor to even be considered alongside you and your excellent work Bruce. Thanks again and hope to see you at a show again soon my friend.

Wow guys (and girls)! This is exciting. Thanks for the votes--this really means a lot to me, even if I do think I won only because John Doyle didn't have one in the category ;). I'm honored to be a part of this great community.

Travis, congrats on a well deserved win among some REALLY excellent competition. You made a really nice knife that would be competitive in any circle. I chose not to stand in that category because I figured I didn't have a chance! :)

Back