The moose!

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
Ernie Grospitch sent me some of his dyed and stabilized moose antler to try out so this is what I came up with.
I'll have it at the Art of Steel show in Little Rock Arkansas ,September 20 -21 if I don't sell it before.
Yall enjoy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 51
Just plain awesome. I really like the new handle materials and not the same old/same old stuff. Dyed moose antler - brilliant. Nicely done.

DeMo

Nice looking folder!

Several years ago I visited Wayne Goddard in his shop. I noticed several pieces of antler which were from different types of 4 legged animals. Elk, deer, and moose. Wayne was telling he performed a test to see which antler would move the most over a set period of time. All of the antler was untreated. He said the elk moved the least and the moose moved the most. I'm curious if the stabilized moose antler will shrink in time.

Nice looking folder!

Several years ago I visited Wayne Goddard in his shop. I noticed several pieces of antler which were from different types of 4 legged animals. Elk, deer, and moose. Wayne was telling he performed a test to see which antler would move the most over a set period of time. All of the antler was untreated. He said the elk moved the least and the moose moved the most. I'm curious if the stabilized moose antler will shrink in time.

Well I'm not going to argue with Wayne Goddard. I'll let you know how it behaves.

tell you what... that is one fine looking knife. I can't afford to buy your work, but if I could afford a handmade folder, I would get you to make me a lockback.

If it helps any, I can't afford my own work either. I have to sell everything I make so I can pay for all of the tools and stuff (and mortgage).

Still, I am serious, you make some excellent stuff. I went to your website. For whatever it is worth, you have my approval (don't starve... I know what it isn't worth).
kc

I've always admired your folders Calvin,
I wish I could go to the show and see this one first hand. Have a good show and try to stay out of trouble

Back