Made one for me

Thanks Daniel, they are epoxyed. I wanted to etch and tumble the spine the same as the blade so I had to bolt the scales together to shape them then for moisture barrier I glued it too.
Did you have trouble with scratching the bolts while you shaped the handle?

Thank you so much Justin. Your reply was a perfect screenshot! I'll give it a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What level of finish to you take it to before tumbling? I'm still trying to work out my process, and it isn't going especially well. I use the same media as you, presumably in the same/similar tumbler.

Last edited:
What level of finish to you take it to before tumbling? I'm still trying to work out my process, and it isn't going especially well. I use the same media as you, presumably in the same/similar tumbler.
Travis, on this one I took it to a hand sanded 400 grit finish then sand blasted it. I'm not positive on the grit media I blasted it with as I used a buddy's cabinet, I know the sandblast media he has in it is what he using before he cerakotes pistols. Here is a pic of it before I etched it. In the past I have just gone from a 400 grit hand finish straight to etching it but I think the blast finish is a little more even.
3a3670c3f7cfa1e289adaef0e820c33e.jpg

Thats an awesome lil edc, and to find out that AEBL can be etched....... proves I have alot to learn still.
Thanks alot, now I wish I would have ordered the thicker steel an made some like yours. Lol

Back