KD Awards polls are open

Brad Lilly

Moderator and Awards Boss
The polls are open (thanks Beth) and ready for your votes. Get on over and vote for your favorite knife or knifemaker. Sorry for the delay guys.

Just voted, man it was a tough vote on a few categorys.

Agreed. This is the best year yet I think. I've voted on a couple, but I still am considering some others. Which by the way, Brad....how long will these stay open? How much time do we have?

I also plan on commenting some in some of the threads to explain my choices. I think that helps us all improve and also to see what potential buyers are looking for in a knife. While it is in no way necessary, I say bonus points to anyone that takes a few minutes and says what they like or why a particular knife got their vote.

I apologize for my ignorance, but I can't find the polls or the threads. Can someone please point me to the thread?

Nevermind. I found them. I typically navigate the site using "new posts" or in the Main Forum. There's a lot to this site I haven't been seeing!

Also if anyone is on the site on your phone using Tapatalk, like I do, the polls do not show up you have to use the web view..fyi

The new maker poll is missing Justin as a voting option even though he's nominated in that thread.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

The new maker poll is missing Justin as a voting option even though he's nominated in that thread.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

My guess is that he has two other nominations and he chose to stay in those catagories. You can only get voted on in two catagories per year - per the rules. He has one in non-tactical fixed blades under 10 inches and one in tactical folding knife.

DeMo

Thanks Brad for helping to put this together again this year.

As said already. Some hard decisions. Many great looking knives. and helpful people here. Makes selecting just one harder then ever!
Blessings
Randy

My thanks to everybody involved in the awards each year. Its above and beyond your regular work load and we all appreciate your volunteer hours.

Get your votes in guys, not often you get the chance to give your opinion so make the best of it. Again there are a lot of great knives to vote for

Your daily reminder to vote if you have not yet. Just as an example the guys in the 10" plus non tactical category all deserve a lot more votes than they have in the entire thread.

The voting numbers are interesting, as they are every year. So many views and so few votes. Most threads look like they have about 32 votes. It can't be those same 32 voters that are contributing to all the hundreds or thousands of views.

Also, I don't have hard numbers for this but it seems like the forum is growing every year with more members and more participation, this year especially. But the votes are quite low compared to the last two years.

The voting numbers are interesting, as they are every year. So many views and so few votes. Most threads look like they have about 32 votes. It can't be those same 32 voters that are contributing to all the hundreds or thousands of views.

Also, I don't have hard numbers for this but it seems like the forum is growing every year with more members and more participation, this year especially. But the votes are quite low compared to the last two years.

John,
Voter apathy.
They don't mind asking for help or reading all the post to get educated about Knifemaking and look at the voting results but won't take the time to vote.
Here is some motivation for all you apathetic members,YALL GET YOUR LAZY BUTTS OVERE THERE AND VOTE !!!!:biggrin:

Back