Pair of eights.

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
It was 25 degrees here this morning and I'm too old to hunt in that kind of weather so I was hunting from my easy chair in the Florida room. At 6:50 the first one showed up,I shot him and let him lay just in case another came along and sure enough at 8:50 the second one came along. I'm also too old to be cleaning two deer in one day.:biggrin:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Calvin, that's why we have grandkids so cleaning two deer isn't a big deal. Nice looking deer, congrats!

Erik

Congrats Calvin. It takes me all day to process two deer. My son and I did 4 in a day and that seemed really fast. It wasn't really, but it sure seemed like it. My wife and I just had a tenderloin last night. Wonderful. You'll lots of good eating there in the months to come.

Nice Calvin, congrats. I was up around Tallahassee a couple weeks ago when all that rain came thru, I got rained on for six days, lot of the dirt roads washed out. the deer were moving everyday though but all I saw were does. got a couple nice bucks on the game cams but didn't see any. I don't think they rutted yet in my area, in the past they went in rut right after Christmas. I'm going back in a couple weeks to try again. then for the second phase of muzzleloader the end of Feb.

Nice Calvin, congrats. I was up around Tallahassee a couple weeks ago when all that rain came thru, I got rained on for six days, lot of the dirt roads washed out. the deer were moving everyday though but all I saw were does. got a couple nice bucks on the game cams but didn't see any. I don't think they rutted yet in my area, in the past they went in rut right after Christmas. I'm going back in a couple weeks to try again. then for the second phase of muzzleloader the end of Feb.
Steve,

my camp is about 140 miles due west of Tallahassee. The Bucks here have just broke up bachelor groups and are making scrapes and moving around a lot in the daylight. The two I killed yesterday were not stinking or had swollen necks. Things will be gradually heating up over the next few weeks. NOWS THE TIME!

These deer are number three and four for me this year,I killed a six point and a seven point and my wife killed a doe. We eat deer meat all year round and give some away too. I like deer hunting because it helps pass the time until SPRING TURKEY SEASON! :biggrin:

Back