Two Small Hunters in W2

J. Hoffman

Dealer - Purveyor
This is my first time working with W2 and I really like it. They are each edge quenched, and a very faint hamon is present. I did not etch the blades.

The first one is 1/8" W2 with stabilized cherry burl and copper Corby's.

The second one is 1/8" W2 with stabilized spalted Birch burl.
Questions and comments are always welcome. Thanks for looking!
Jess

that cherry burl is nice! Wow! Really digging the copper corbys against that cherry. Did you have to stain the cherry to get that color? Most of the cherry I've worked with is very blonde in color.

that cherry burl is nice! Wow! Really digging the copper corbys against that cherry. Did you have to stain the cherry to get that color? Most of the cherry I've worked with is very blonde in color.

That is the natural color of the wood. It gets a little darker when it's stabilized, but for the most part it's the same color.

The cherry and copper have a slight eye catching flash to find in low light if dropped but mellow enough that its a soothing transition to look at.
Spalted wood is always so full of character its amazing. Beautys for sure.
My grandfather keeps telling me how my paternal Great gandpa had him hunting all over for "spalted alder". It was about 6mo before he told him it was rotten alder that had been dried. Lol

Back