Just a few of the leather sheaths I built.

Mapper

Hi everyone !!! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Just thought I would post some pics of some of the sheaths I have built. I got into knife making about 3 years ago and started building my own leather sheaths for the knives I made out of necessity however, I found that I have really enjoyed doing leather work and will continue to do my own leather sheaths. Thanks for all the great info. and tips this forum as provided to me and also a special thanks to Chuck Burrows, his video has really helped me a lot on building sheaths.

John (Mapper)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender2.jpg
    FullSizeRender2.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 126
  • FullSizeRender4.jpg
    FullSizeRender4.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2718.jpg
    IMG_2718.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 128
  • FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2145.jpg
    IMG_2145.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_2158.jpg
    IMG_2158.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 137
  • P2110124.jpg
    P2110124.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 147
Hi

This is my first post on the sight. I "know" Chuck from the CAS City forum.

I have a question on the second picture, what does the X strap do? Decorative? Does the four snap strap go through there?

Thanks

Oh, the last picture with the Star is more my style.

Mike

Mike

The "X" strap allows you to wear the sheath horizontal or vertical depending on how you route your belt through the "X". The additional strap attachment allows for a much lower (similar to a dangler) ride vertical carry. This way you have multiple carry options.

John

The X strap is a creative idea an appears to use a little more leather than a traditional belt loop. I love the idea.

Back