• Lucas

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad Lilly

Moderator and Awards Boss
Please post your choice to win this category along with a photo. Note the maker should have less than two years experience in knifemaking

John Wilson: He's come SO far in a very short time. Builds really nice kitchen knives but also nice little hunters and is VERY skilled at finishing wood handles and getting better with each knife.

Daniel Rohde: Another guy that's come on the scene recently and improving in leaps and bounds. He has a diverse range of talents and interestes and is obviously in control of his processes.

411896317.jpg
Thanks for the mention John!
This is the left one finished:
411911981.jpg

Here's my two favorites of the year, very simple and very sharp:
411977855.jpg

411719461.jpg

Hope it's not presumptuous to put some of my own pic's in.

Last edited:
This is one of THE toughest categories ever for me. Lucas has a very nice blade represented. I wish we would have seen a bit more of his work this past year.

For me, its' down to John Wilson and Daniel Rohde. Both of these guys deserve this award and I sincerely wish it would end in a tie. They both have pushed their processes and designs, their fit and finish is impeccable for being so new and they both are upstanding guys besides.

I haven't cast my vote yet and not sure what I'll do just yet. It will be very difficult to choose one over the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back