2015 KD Members Choice Awards - NON TACTICAL FIXED BLADE Under 10" (Over all)

Non Tactical Fixed Blade under 10"

• jkf96a

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Travis Fry

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • DeMo

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Justin Presson

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Self Made Knives

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • HHH Knives

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Matt de Clercq

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Darrin Sanders

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Taylor Made Knives

• racjarrett88

• franklin

• Brad Lilly

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the best one I did this year that fits this category.
151103_Jason_Fry_002-e1450235682315.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Since my good Buddy DeMo is no longer a newbie (sorry Pal, you've milked that category for all it's worth. :D ) I'll nominate this unique beauty where it belongs!

DSC04709.jpg

Darrin Sanders: I'm putting another one of his here because I don't know which I like better. This one is probably more technical to build and he pulled it of so nicely. I'll let Darrin decide which one he wants to let stand for the voting.

This is another really tough category. A close race and still anyone's game. There's some serious competition in here.

I haven't voted yet in this category. There's a lot to consider for me. There's a lot of knives of some varying styles here.

Some things that I personally consider in these types of 'Best Of' threads:

I look at fit, finish, design, proportions and overall flow. Much more than embellishments. Embellishments are nice too, but need to be tasteful and well done. Material choices and color combos play a role too.

I also take into account 'sole authorship'. I look at what and how much of the knife was done by someone else. How much does that contribute to the appeal of the overall knife and what would the knife look like without it? Would it still have the same important basics, such as fit/finish and flow/eye appeal?

These are things that I consider here and I need to look these knives over more closely with more time before I'm ready to vote. But I can say that everyone in here has put together a really nice blade that they should be proud of. There isn't a bad one in the bunch and they all display nice craftsmanship and flow and visual appeal.

Well...I finally voted. I cast my vote for DeMo's knife.

It is unique, it stands out among the rest, it has interesting materials and the lines and flow are very nice, especially considering all the pieces he brought together to function as one. I think it was probably the most technical knife to build of the group and he did a really nice job making it all come together right.

It wasn't an easy vote and I had a three way tie going for a CLOSE second place between Randy Haas, Darrin Sanders and Justin Presson for various reasons.

Every knife in this group is really nice and well done. They were all worthy of serious consideration and everyone in here should be proud of what they made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back