File work

Jimbo670

I have made several blades as well as completed some bought blanks. I am working on a blade now that has file work. How do you glue the handles on and not get any glue in the file work?

Thank you!

I like to make sure all of the filework is actually filled in with epoxy, then sand it all flush with the scales and the tang.

Yes, I use West systems G/flex epoxy with dye added to fill file work. Both can be found @ USA knife makers supply and various other suppliers including Ebay.
Clint

You can just be sparing with the epoxy on the edges where the file work is and then pick out any epoxy that oozes into it before it sets up. I prefer the look of epoxy filled file work in the handle area so do not do that anymore. Also use the black epoxy die Boss sells so epoxy is very black for contrast.

You can just be sparing with the epoxy on the edges where the file work is and then pick out any epoxy that oozes into it before it sets up.

This is how I do it. Toothpicks, magnifiers, and patience!

try with a SCRAP metal & a bad scale first i think auto turtle wax will keep epoxy from sticking keep it off you,r scales so they will stick

Back