Something old / Something new (Knife for G7)

Benr.t

Hey guys just finished up this little guys and thought I would share some pics. This is a fairly new design I call my Wingman Pocket fighter.
The "old" is some 50yr old Rag Micarta that I was fortunate enough to find recently. Kinda like finding a golden unicorn to a knife maker like me. This is the first knife I have put it on, I really dig it. The new is a 3.25" elmax blade, with stonewashed bevels/flats and polished spine all the way around. The G10 liners are red of course.
I made the "hybrid" copper/carbon fiber pins, which are a signature feature of mine.
This one will be on table at G7 next weekend.

Any and all comments welcome, thanks for looking!!

The very first knife-shaped-object I ever made had a shape similar to that, only much, much cruder workmanship! Needless to say, I do like that shape very much, and now you have me thinking about revisiting it... I also like the little details, the composite pins, the lanyard, the polished spine.

Ben, I always enjoy the different and unique things you post this time, Im wowed at the rag micarta and the satin blade are truly contrasted by the copper and red liners.
Is the sheath molded to the knife or is there a kydex insert in it?

Back