Membership Drive begins September 1!

jkf96a

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have news. The membership process has been defined and is in its test run. We will open up paid membership beginning September 1, 2015. Membership will be $20, through December 31, 2015. There is one membership level, in or out. As of January 1, 2015, there will likely be modified membership levels, with the basic general member rate at $35.
Dues may be paid by check through the mail, or via PayPal. Each member must submit a signed membership form, either on paper, or signed, scanned, and emailed.
I will post the membership form on the TKG facebook page on September 1.
It is the board's intention that the TKG facebook group remain free and open to everyone. Membership in this facebook group is not the same as membership in the TKG organization, and should not be represented as such. Paid members of the organization will have full rights to use the TKG logo. Facebook group members who are not paid members are asked not to use the logo or the TKG name in your personal promotional materials.
Details are coming together for a knifemaking get-together on October 24 in the country near Baird, TX. We'll let you know as things firm up, but mark the date.
The TKG is proud to partner with Tarleton State University in the teaching of a three day knifemaking seminar for Ag teachers next summer. Tarleton will provide the students and shop space, and the TKG will provide the instructors. The TKG at its core is about promoting knifemaking, and this is a great opportunity for us to do that.a
I'd like to wish good luck to all of the members of this group who will be participating in the ICCE show in a few weeks. I will be there, along with many others from this group, to support this historic joint effort between the national Knifemakers' Guild and the American Bladesmith Society. I hope your sales are great, that you have a good time, and that we can put some faces to some of the names.
That's all for now. Questions and comments are welcome, but may be moderated.
Thanks,
Jason Fry, President
Texas Knifemakers' Guild

Back