Blade for an existing folder?

WY_Not

More of an exploratory post but if the price were right, definitely interested in buying. If this is the wrong thread or not something that should be posted, feel free to nuke it.

I've got a couple of cheap, junk folders that I really like the weight and feel of them in my hand. I've carried them for many years and while they don't hold an edge for very long, they hold it long enough and take a good enough edge to make them good enough for a daily carry knife that I don't have to worry about.

That being said, I'd love to get blades made for them out of a good steel. Thinking 01 or 1095. Don't need to reinvent the wheel, just would like to get the existing blades duplicated in the good steel and without the serrations. Yes, I know they are cheap knives but as I said, I like the heft of them in my hand.

http://www.knifecountryusa.com/stor...ainless-handles-with-genuine-wood-inlays.html
128936_128965.jpg

I can install the new blades myself and if I can swing the price, I'm looking for three blades.

If anyone is interested in giving a rough ballpark guesstimate on a price and/or taking on the project, contact me.

Thanks,
Joseph

Joseph.
Impossible to make a replacement blade without having the knife. I wouldn't do it in any case. I expect the cost would be about $100 minimum per blade.
Frank

Thanks. I've no issues sending a knife to someone to be used as a template. So, I wasn't too terribly far off in my own guestimates.

I know it is a piece of chinese junk but it does fit well in my hand and is very comfortable to use. The body of the knife has a good heft to hit and the edges are all well rounded so there are no sharp corners on the body. It is actually rather solid and locks up tight; I tighten the pivot bolt once or twice a year. It will never be a silk purse but it gets the job done and I don't have to worry if I'm abusing it or not.

Back