Counterbore help

Thats pretty much the story I'm hearing too. I suspect that unless something drops in my lap, I'll just end up biting the bullet and ordering carbide tipped counterbores where I can find the sizes I need. Its just getting old using the HSS counterbores..... I only get 2-4 folders (in Ti) (bearing pockets inside the scales, and pivot screw counterbores on the exterior) before they get too dull to use.

Eventhough I've looked high and low, I still can't find the flat bottom counterbore I need for TiConnector's 2-56 screw heads (.140) which is a 9/64". Just one more thing to keep on my radar. :)

Hey guys i just happen to be reading thru and i have the same issues with counterbores. I only use the 5/16 for my pivots and a .140 i think for 2-56 sk screws. I've got a local friend of mine that re- sharpens mine for $5. I just keep a rotation going so i always have a sharp one on hand when needed. He would be happy to get some more work if anyone is interested. I'm in central FL if anyone is nearby. He can also make them for you cheaper than anyone else sells the hss ones. I've talked to guys that use the carbide ones and use the same one for years but, that price prevents me from buying them although in the long run would save $ but that would take some time to see since i only make 4 or 5 knives a month... if that. Larevo@gmail.com since i don't frequent kd much. I think that will be changing though.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Nope! I checked with Garr, and they only sell through distributors. I spoke with a couple of distributors, and they told me that I'd have to order at least 10, and the wait would be 10-12 weeks. The prices were pretty lofty too.

Back