newbie looking for grinder plans

Hi guys,
I'm new to the forum. I have been tinkering with building a knife for some time. I used the stock removal method and a (I think) flat grind. The knife looks ok and I hope to have a set of scales on it soon. I am looking for a set of good free no weld grinder plans that I can build a knife grinder from.I am retired and on fixed income or I would just buy a set. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Grinder In A Box is another cost effective alternative. Possibly more money than building from scratch, but the difficult stuff is already done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got a call yesterday from the local machine shop on the price to cut out the eerf grinder for me. Hold on to your chair, over $2100. I am ordering the grinder in a box today. Ed

If you sent them a digital drawing and they're going to laser or water jet it, it shouldn't cost that much. The shop I use has a $150 minimum for laser cuts, but you get a bunch of cutting for that price. Sounds like you need to go somewhere else to me.

If you sent them a digital drawing and they're going to laser or water jet it, it shouldn't cost that much. The shop I use has a $150 minimum for laser cuts, but you get a bunch of cutting for that price. Sounds like you need to go somewhere else to me.

Yep I just figured that out. They are close but I think from now on I will drive a little. I had been buying some iron there but it is time to move on. Ed

I just got a call yesterday from the local machine shop on the price to cut out the eerf grinder for me. Hold on to your chair, over $2100. I am ordering the grinder in a box today. Ed

Yikes! If they were actually machining it (milling and drilling) rather than laser or water jet cutting, I could believe it.

Heck, if that's the going rate, maybe I need to raise my prices! (Just kidding..... ;)

Jamie

Back