Recurve sharp pointy knife thing..lol

Justin Presson

As you can tell from the title I'm not sure what to call this knife. I seen a knife Don Hanson made and I really liked the profile. I sketched out a design and emailed it to Don and he gave me the green light. It is by no means a carbon copy of his but wanted to check with him just in case. I also started a work in progress on this knife about a year ago, I got as far as profiling it and having Darrin heat treat it. Then it set for a year because I had orders, finally a year later I decided to finish it.

Thanks for looking.
JP

Looks Great Justin. Very Nice, you should be very proud of your work.

Don

Nice look Justin, l like it. For some reason the "night train" came to mind when I first looked at it, please don't ask why, I don't have an answer, lol! Could be the cavernous expanses of my mind came to life?? Anyway, great work as usual from you, whatever you call it will be fine.

Wayne

beautiful example of control on the handle. its hard to get perfect radiuses like that on the only the edge. props!!!

It turned out great Justin. I forgot about doing the H/T on that one but I remember it now. I contacted Don about doing something very similar to that and he gave me his blessing too. That ol' boy aint just a good knifemaker, he's a class act to boot.
If I ever get one of them 'Round Tuits' I'm gonna make one too. LOL
BTW, Don calls his version the "Scary Tac", for this one "Shadow Tac" seems to fit in my opinion.

Thanks everyone. I like the names to....I'm diggin Night Train.
Not sure yet if I'm gonna keep it or sell it. Still have a little to finish on the sheath.

Back