KITH idea

Hey, photos is a good idea - some good looking folks on here.... Distinguished look also - George, I like that hat. John, your hair doesn't look grey - just sandy brown.... Remind me not to arm wrestle you {g}

Anthony - you're one of those guys that make me look up to, I'm only 6'4" - just call me "shorty" {g}

Ken

Haha "sandy brown." I'm going to use that! It's actually white! When I go out in the sunlight I look like a disco ball. I thought about growing it out but Ric Flair already owns that. I'm not sure I could pull off feathered hair and rhinestone sunglasses.

Y'all are all big ol' boys. I'm 5'9" in shoes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread looks to fun not to join in. I have wanted to do a Kith.

You guys are some big sobs!

Will there be a theme or will we just make whatever we want?

1f28f0d30127063446ccf895bb4e9aeb.jpg

I'm the one on the right.. lol

JP

Will there be a theme or will we just make whatever we want?JP

Darrin Sanders said he'll moderate it for us, but he recommended we get at least 10 committed to it. Don't think we're there yet. If there's enough interest, maybe then we can decide if there's a theme or size requirement. The other KITH George and I are talking about is wide open, anything goes, but I wonder if we might be better off to have some guidelines.

Ok, I'm gonna play too so it looks like we have enough people to get rolling. I'm gonna start the new thread so if you don't mind, please put an "I'm in" over there too. I hope everybody enjoys the fun.

I'm in. I'll be the first to tell you in a noob, but I can make a knife. It's pretty nerve wracking knowing your gear will be scrutinized by people other than my family and friends, but I'm in if you have the room.

If a "kith" event was held, where would it take place? I havent ever been involved in anything of the sort, but i can say i would be interested.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

If a "kith" event was held, where would it take place? I havent ever been involved in anything of the sort, but i can say i would be interested.

It doesn't have to take place anywhere. You'll just likely be required to provide photo evidence of you knife prior to the deadline. Then you'll be given a address for the lucky recipient so you can ship it.
Chris

It won't take place anywhere. You'll just likely be required to provide photo evidence of you knife prior to the deadline. Then you'll be given a address for the lucky recipient so you can ship it.
Chris
Oh, ok i see. My only problem is that i am very new to the craft. Ive been at it for less than a year but love it. If i was allowed, then yes. I am learning everyday and appreciate all the positive help

this sound like a lot of fun. I'm in, if the parameters are within my skill limit. I do think there should be guidelines so we all are aiming for the same goal.

I think the guidelines are only to make the best knife you can. Now, I don't think recycled lawn mower blades with duct tape handles are going to cut it, but if you put your best attempt out there, everybody will be ok with it. I'm still pretty new at this too and feel confident I can participate this year. Last year's KITH was very tempting, but I was just too new to try it then. Darrin started a different thread for entries, this one was just a discussion to see if anyone was interested, so go over to the Christmas KITH thread to get your name on the list.

Back