Sold My First Folder Today!!!

BrandantR

Back at the first part of the year I started a thread asking folks how to know when it's time to start selling your knives. I had been making knives for family, friends, and for myself for about a year and a half then, but hadn't attempted any sales at that point in time. I had some great responses to my question on this forum and received some terrific advise and guidance. Over the last few months I worked on getting my website up and running and posted a few knives for sale. Today, I made my first sale and I couldn't be more thrilled. The gentleman who bought the knife from me is an avid knife collector, and to know that one of my knives may be setting side by side with some of the work of many well-known makers is very humbling. I appreciate all my fellow Knife Dogs who gave me the encouragement I needed to put my work out there to the public.

Here's a crumby photo of that first knife sold. Like many people say, the photo just doesn't do the knife justice. That's another skill I need to work on.

WP_20150627_16_50_52_Pro.jpg

If you're willing, I would love to hear the experience of your first knife sale. It would be enjoyable to see if everyone else was as thrilled as I was when someone appreciated their work enough to show it with their pocketbook.

Congratulations! The first of many! I sold the first one to a coworker, who turned out to be a great promoter for me and within a few days he had a bunch of others wanting one.

Congratulations! I predict that you will be extremely busy.

I sold my first knife using Facebook. I was thrilled that someone else would like something I made enough to buy it. My first buyer was a friend that I knew from the Navy 20 years ago. That made it really cool for both of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woohoo! Nice job! I think I sold the 4th knife I made. I will have to look it up now.

Thanks, Justin. Just to be clear, this is actually knife #23 that I have made, but the first one I have sold. I don't want anyone getting the wrong impression that this is the first knife to come out of my shop. No, sir. That one is a shameful piece of work, but it still sits in a place of honor on my shelf so I can remember where I started.

Not at all , I knew it was not your first knife made.
I was just as thrilled as you it feels pretty good when someone wants one of my knives., I was also was little nervous bit that was mainly because I was so new to knife making when I sold my first.

That's pretty cool.
Its great that you sold your first folder and I am happy to hear KD helped a little.

Thanks, Boss. I can't thank the folks here on the forum enough. Many of the techniques that I use to make my knives I picked up from the generous people here who are always willing to share their wisdom. I hope to be able to contribute as much here in the future as I have received.

Back