EDC gentelmen's carry kits

AJH_Knives

Here are some sets i have been making. kind of cool. custom turned pen, led flashlight and a friction folder. all with the same wood.

10980710_508687662630376_1311806525752311497_n.jpg

Here is another set i did, non matching though. was an after thought from the customer.
11403503_505638722935270_4384146653735311931_n.jpg

Thats "Snazzy"! I like it. Gotta ask a question.... did you have any issues with thos flashlight parts? I tried a few of them....made some damascus flashlights....and every single one of them had on/off issues. Sometimes I could get them to come on....and other times I would have to fiddle with them to get them to work. Did that every happen for you.....wondering if I just didn't get ahold of a bad batch.

Ed, yes i did have some issues with the LED flashlights. so now i check them before i do anything. aaa battery and a jumper wire and you can see if it works. once you have a good working one, then you must make sure that the inside of the battery tube is clean of glue. then hit it with some 400 grit sand paper. the flashlight makes the ground connection from the metal case and the body of the battery tube. i lightly sand all the mating parts to insure a good electrical connection. I put the LED circuit, reflector, o ring and lens together and test it before i press it into the battery tube. i have not had any issues since i have did that.

AHHH! Thanks for the tip Aaron! I've been shying away from the flashlight parts since my experiences.....but I just might have to give them another go and follow your advice! Thanks!!!

Back