something a little different for me

N.N

It's very tacticool. I'm not sure I really like it, but it's what he wanted, right? Designed to be a self defense tool, it should excel at it. Being 1084 steel, I sent it to the new owner with a cord wrap with the instructions to take care of it well if you decide you still don't want the wrap.

What do you guys think?

3" cutting edge, 1/8" thick
1084 carbon steel
acid etched, then cold blue

20150718_130637 copy.jpg

Is the front edge sharp? It's not bad, but I think I'd like it better without that front point, just bring it down like a Warncliffe. How long before the guy cuts himself spinning it around on that loop! :biggrin:

The front edge isn't sharp, but that point is wicked dangerous as you've mentioned. He is a security "expert" of sorts, how expert I'm not sure, but has his own company that does that sort of thing. He was looking for something very specific to be used in a reverse grip. The idea is to be able to draw the knife, then draw his pistol and be able to grip both in his firing position. It should work well if he practices. I think I'd rather draw the gun and not worry about my knife unless it really came to that, but to each his own. He wanted his own design, or rather something that combined a few aspects of some of the production knives that he's already tried this with. There were probably 15 ideas he had that I flat out refused to do for one reason or another. So this is what we agreed upon. I'm about to start another thread with a link to the knifemaker who got him started on his first ideas. Go check that out.

Back