and such: Photo Album

CAJones

On another forum, the great Paul Long posted some fully tooled, leather photo albums. With his permission, I decided to give one a try.
I'm all but finished up with my photo album, all that is left is to add a bit of neatsfoot oil.
xJ7gP7X.jpg

pyYpFyz.jpg

I can certainly see some flaws but I am undoubtedly getting better with this leather stuff. Laying out the quilted pattern took some time and I was nearly finished when I realized I should have just used the width of the ruler as my spacing. *Bonus* I messed up the pattern a bit on the back, see if you can spot it!
Still getting the hang of using the swivel knife, but it wasn't nearly as troublesome as the stitching. I'll not likely being saddle stitching another one of these anytime in the near future. Like a fool I did it in a single stitch instead of multiple, shorter stitches. I had over 10 yards of thread when I started. :what!:I think if I do any more without the help of a machine, I'll likely stitch in the spine and maybe try and use some rivets to keep the layers from separating.
Thoughts, comments and critiques always appreciated.
Thanks for looking,
Chris

Back