Thin and light Slipjoint.

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
I've been very busy since the Blade Show doing things other than Knifemaking but I managed to finish this up yesterday. One of my thin and light slipjoints. This is the first time I've put my name on the shield inlay,what do Yall think of that?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 135
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 102
That's a sweet folder! I like having you name/logo on the shield. I have been wanting to make some slipjoint folders like that one but have been stumped as to how to go about it.
I like the ultra light theme,
Good Job! I can tell you've done them before ;)
DR...

That's a sweet folder! I like having you name/logo on the shield. I have been wanting to make some slipjoint folders like that one but have been stumped as to how to go about it.
I like the ultra light theme,
Good Job! I can tell you've done them before ;)
DR...

Daniel,
Thank you for your kind words.
Are you stumped as to making slipjoints or making linerless,shadow pattern slipjoints like this one?

I'm having trouble just making the slip joint. In particular the design of the pivot and the lock relationship is hard. I haven't made one that works yet but I hope hope to spend some more time this week and see if I can get one to work.
I love your work!
DR...

I like the name on the shield Calvin, nice. I've always thought the blank shields seem a little a odd, like they should have something on them. Only thing is, how did you decide which way is up? It's going to be upside down 50% of the time. :biggrin:

Good work Calvin - that is carbon fiber scales? I guess it's strong enough to work as linerless with no metal bolsters? Sure looks neat - with your name on the inlay, that needs to be a personal carry. As usual, NICE work.

Ken H>

I'm having trouble just making the slip joint. In particular the design of the pivot and the lock relationship is hard. I haven't made one that works yet but I hope hope to spend some more time this week and see if I can get one to work.
I love your work!
DR...

Daniel,
Yep,that's the hard part. Just keep trying or get some help. I
l'd be happy to help you over the phone.

Good work Calvin - that is carbon fiber scales? I guess it's strong enough to work as linerless with no metal bolsters? Sure looks neat - with your name on the inlay, that needs to be a personal carry. As usual, NICE work.

Ken H>

Yes Ken,carbon fiber,and believe me it's PLENTY strong. And besides,I put stainless steel washers in there so the blade is not pivoting on the carbon fiber.

I like the name on the shield Calvin, nice. I've always thought the blank shields seem a little a odd, like they should have something on them. Only thing is, how did you decide which way is up? It's going to be upside down 50% of the time. :biggrin:

Thanks for commenting Anthony,I did it this way because Bill Ruple and Johnny Stout do it this way and you can't argue with their success. Now if I could only come up with a weighted name plate that would rotate and be right side up regardless of the way your holding the knife...

Oh man I really like that on Calvin, so clean and I like the profile of it. I to like the mark on the shield.

Thanks for your comment Justin, the cool thing is,I could just as easily put a customers name or any logo on there if they were willing to pay the cost.

Calvin,
Great looking knife.
I prefer to see the name once,
Shield or blade, not both. But that is only my opinionated opinion.
YRMV
Dozier

I was going to say the same thing that Don said, but he beat me to it. I love the looks of this knife and I'm sure it would make a wonderful EDC. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Back