Rare military knife

I like it. it does look like a theater knife. a lot of hand made knives came off ships during WWII, some with interesting stories like handles made from the plexiglass windshields of Jap zero's.

It looks like a pair of brass knuckles had a slot milled in them and a hidden tang knife brazed into the slot, touched off with some wood in the grip, nice.

It looks like a pair of brass knuckles had a slot milled in them and a hidden tang knife brazed into the slot, touched off with some wood in the grip, nice.

It looks very much like a Sabre brand knife blade mounted in a customized pair of brass knuckles. What looks like a handmade brass guard was a slick idea to braze to the brass knuckles in order to provide support.

From the orientation of the blade, it appears to me the person who made it intended to wear the knuckles with the blade pointed downward.

Very good work, in my opinion. I think stamping "US" on the scabbard is misleading, unless that's a repurposed bayonet scabbard.

Fake Reproduction Ranger Trench Knife

The knife you have is not genuine at all. This is the reason you cannot find any info on it. The blade edge is facing the wrong direction for trench combat. The photo I attach is proper made and commonly used as such. Many have double edge dagger style but the Ranger blade popular too. The leather sheath is a genuine Dudley type and shows patina of age. The blade and guard shows no wear however. The attachment to worn knuckles is a scab job for sure. In real trench warfare that would just pop apart.96a446ca451bff34470c0e4febf32303.jpg

Back