King Limestone's Fire

Jeremiah Rostig

... a result of the dazzling Andaman sun....07, copper and Ceylon ironwood.
Blade length 115 mm and 245 mm overall.

Attachments

• kkf3,k..jpg
    kkf3,k..jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 85
  • kkf7,k..jpg
    kkf7,k..jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 104
  • kkf8,k..jpg
    kkf8,k..jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 117
  • kkf9,k..jpg
    kkf9,k..jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 110
  • kkf1,k..jpg
    kkf1,k..jpg
    157 KB · Views: 133
James and Don, Thank You Guys!...sorry the late reply, I saw it a bit late.
Names just come to my mind.The Ceylon iron wood tree is a very significant tree, especially in Buddhism and Hindu religion.
Parts of it like bark, blossoms and leaves are used in medical treatments and it has the most red pigment sated grain of all woods I have ever seen....and it prefers to grow wild on limestone in evergreen rain forests.

Fine looking knife but what has the name of this post got to do with the knife?

Thanks Raymond,....well, it seems my last reply didn't helped to understand the name.Like I said, names just came to my mind....so let me try again:
1. In this environment here there is no tree that has more significance than the Mesua Ferrea tree, ...medicine, religion, construction, to name a few...
most significant = The "King"
2. prefers to grow in evergreen rainforest on ...."limestone"
3. the wood grain of this specimen has a very special color, it can described like gloomy to burning hot "fire"

....so the name is "King"....."Limestone"......"fire".....assembled together: King Limestone's Fire

hope that helps to better understand my skewed sense of naming.

As always there is a uniqueness that only you bring to crafting a knife, but the addition of the name and its origin definately makes it all stand apart from any other blade from ironwood handle.

Back