taylormadeknives

Taylor Made Knives
Peeling knife
Carpenter PM 154 Stainless Steel
Hollow ground
Burgundy canvas scales
Copper pins
Mosaic pin

I designed this knife to be used in hand peeling fruits and veggies. It should work great

All comments welcome!uploadfromtaptalk1434295066671.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434295168154.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434295244181.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434295289742.jpg

I can't tell from the pictures (you may have already done it) but the biggest thing I have done with small paring type knives is to either round the top spine (forward of the handle) or significantly break that edge. When peeling people invariably "choke up" and have their finger joint on the top spine. Just the nature of the beast.....

Very nice shape, both the handle and the blade. Looks like it will be super comfortable to use. I like long parers like this a lot. This would be an all around handy petty/utility as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't tell from the pictures (you may have already done it) but the biggest thing I have done with small paring type knives is to either round the top spine (forward of the handle) or significantly break that edge. When peeling people invariably "choke up" and have their finger joint on the top spine. Just the nature of the beast.....
That's so true. Yes, I broke the edge. I don't like any sharp edges on the spine and choil. I may round it over totally on the next one. Thanks!

Very nice shape, both the handle and the blade. Looks like it will be super comfortable to use. I like long parers like this a lot. This would be an all around handy petty/utility as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks John! It sure feels good in the hand. I hope it works out well for us

I'm sure it will. It look like you put an awful lot of thought into it when you designed it. That's a beautiful grind, by the way.

The peeling knife seems to be an essential kitchen tools. I have some Victorinox peeling knife which is perfect for my modular kitchen. Do you use your peeling knives for outdoors camping as well.

Back