Newbie from Kallie-fornia

TSCOTT

I would like to thank the Admin for the Add and to say hello to all. I wanted to join as I have been very fascinated by knife making, I have only made a couple of knives by grind away methods and am looking into forging my own, I know I have a lot to learn and looking at the threads hear it looks like there is a lot of experienced and knowledgeable people!!

I would like to thank the Admin for the Add and to say hello to all. I wanted to join as I have been very fascinated by knife making, I have only made a couple of knives by grind away methods and am looking into forging my own, I know I have a lot to learn and looking at the threads hear it looks like there is a lot of experienced and knowledgeable people!!
You know my first exposure to bladesmithing was an old Ron Hood video featuring Tai Goo and Tim Lively. It was called "Neo-tribal bladesmithing". I was hooked from then on out. I have made quite a few in the 6 short years I have been at it, and I learn something new each time. Welcome and I have learned a lot already from these guys. HUGE knowledge base here to tap in to!!

A small town named Rumsey, in Capay Valley, it is west of Sacramento (about 50 mi.) in the coastal range, very country small town atmosphere
I'm in Hughson near Modesto. I'm glad you introduced yourself. I'm trying to keep track of makers in the area, it would be cool to get together some day.

Back