Making a slipjoint in 100 pictures or less.

I either missed it or jus didn't understand it, so I'll just ask,
How did you relieve the liners and what kind of washers did you
use at the pivot?
It's been on my mind hard to finish a slip joint, I could not for the life of me get the
liners relieved without buggering up the entire liner!!!! I think the peining of the pivot makes me kinda
cringe and starrs up nightmares...again'
But seeing you use your drill press to cut the nick gave me an idea that may work with relieving the liners,
just doing the opposite of what you did. Instead of using the drill press with a Dremel bit use the Dremel,
actually I've got a hand held rotary tool deal that's kinda like the Foredom, just not a Foredom. Work OK, but
you can tell right away its not the same! But its what I've got and I think it will work with a little patience!
The right bits and some tenacity!!!We shall see!
Thanks for posting this, I KNOW it takes so much time and remembering to take the pics when you should and
THEN KEEPING THEM ALL IN ORDER!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!
Rex

Hello Rex. I put a lot of thought into ways to relieve the liners without a mill but never did figure a good way to do it. So I didn't relieve them. Also, I didn't use any washers, and it's still butter smooth.
John

That's saved as a favorite now, thank you! I've got a hankering to make a slipjoint and that WIP laid it out just perfectly for me.

Back