Show etiquette for my first show

I am not a maker yet but have a bit of advice for you. I sold auto parts for years and my sales were often higher than the next 3 or 4 sales people combined. My secret was simply to catch the persons eye as they came through the door. Often people would wait for me, just browsing, and come right to me when I got finished with the first customer. Be polite but not flirty, some ladies will head for the hills if you are. Relax, enjoy yourself and enjoy your customers, and help them enjoy themselves as well. Your job is not to sell knives your job is to draw people to your knives and let them sell themselves. If you are stressed your customers will be too.
Hope I am not over stepping. I have never been behind the table at a knife show but I am thinking that to a point sales is sales. Ed

yH8Pf0R.jpg

This was my table set up last weekend. Traffic was quite a bit better than my first show, but the sales weren't. The thing that surprised me the most was the knife that had the most looks out of all of them on the table, was the oldest knife and in my opinion the worst knife on the table. Of course, like always I had a couple "be backs" that never showed.

Have another, much bigger show next month. Hopefully things start looking up there.
Chris

Back