New One Finished! What do you think?

Daniel Rohde

Latest one finished: 52100 steel EDC
411183044.jpg

Hi Daniel,,,I really like this one. By chance are the eyelets spaced to accept a Blade tek style belt clip? This would make a great horizontal carry. Please let me know. Thanks for your time. ,,,Arlo

That's a beauty Daniel- no frills but looks like a great utility trail point with bullet proof materials- good job.

the hammon came out nice and the trailing point is a looker.
nice job.
t

Frills are overrated. I hate frills. You don't use frills. You put frills in the gun safe so it won't get a scratch. That my friend is an awesome little knife. That trailing point is a hunter's favorite! This hunter included! SWEET!!

nice anvil.
What's up with the power hammer on the floor?
t

Very slick little knife. Curious about how you heat treated the 52100. Did you cycle it and what did you quench in? Thanks,

Wallace

Thanks! My heat treat with the 52100 is after I have the blanks cut out and drilled I give it a soak at 1625 for about 15mins then allow it to air cool, then three normalizes, and then I anneal them in the kiln(I

sometimes anneal three times), then I edge quench in Texaco type A quenching fluid. IF you want really nice hardening lines in the 52100 like on that knife you NEED to only heat the edge(with a torch or what ever

but only the part you want hardened should be heated) then submerge it in the oil, otherwise you can heat the whole blade to critical and edge quench with a regulator block and you can get decent quench lines. Then

a temper(you need to experiment with your tempering temperature by testing on a metal rod and cutting rope mine is around 380F)

Thanks for all your comments guys!

DR....

Frills are overrated. I hate frills. You don't use frills. You put frills in the gun safe so it won't get a scratch. That my friend is an awesome little knife. That trailing point is a hunter's favorite! This hunter included! SWEET!!
Thanks! I really appreciate hearing that!
This is a similar one I finished:
411185785.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! I can tell you, every once in a great while you find a maker with an eye that really catches your attention with a particular blade design or style. I am still a lowly O-1 stock reducer but I have learned that the blade makers eye for function and design really define what we are (or will be in my case). It's inspiring to see. Thanks for posting Daniel! Sweet!

Back