Liner lock folder with Ironwood

J. Doyle

Dealer - Purveyor
Here's a folder I just finished up. It's set up for a pocket clip, which I have and the appropriate screws for attaching it, hence the extra little holes by the rear screw hole. But I didn't put it on there because I really don't like pocket clips. :) I think they distract from the look and flow of the knife and are almost always in the way. But the option is there for the future owner.

Specs:
80CrV2 steel
Rounded spine and rounded thumb grip, very nice grip but very comfortable
Desert ironwood scales
Titanium pivot screws and handle screws
.065" thick titanium liners, jeweled
416 stainless backspacer fileworked inside and out, outside matches the spine and inside matches the bottom of the ricasso area

All comments, discussion and critique welcome.

Really nice! I like the thumb notch in the blade and the way the scales are notched to match. I like pocket clips, you should give us a shot with it on.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the good words.

Hey Mr. Doyle Arlo here finally registered. Please check your email regarding the folder. Thanks

Hi Arlo. Good to see you posting here. Hope to see you regularly. :)

I got the email and responded.

Wow John,so many cool things about this knife. At first glance it looks simple,then,as I study it,I can see how complicated it is. I'm thoroughly amazed.

Thanks much guys. I appreciate it. I love wood handles too and this knife has some modern materials and mechanisms on the inside but the wood looks classic and old school to me.

For the record, there is a select few woods I'd use on a folder. I don't think every wood is suitable but that's just my opinion.

Very Nice Mr. Doyle, where do you get Ti pivot screws? Gordon

Hey Gordon. These are the pivots that Steve Kelly had designed and made. There's a website that has them where they're made but I don't remember what it is.

I get mine from knifekits.com Spendy little guys but they're very precise and uniform and well made. If you get them from knifekits.com you'll want to look for ones that have 'SK' at the front of the stock number.

I got to see this piece in person at the Seattle knife show this morning. Absolutely beautiful, fantastically smooth action.

It was already marked as sold when I got to look at it, but that's probably for the best. Otherwise I would have had to buy it AND the G10/Damascus folder you had there!

Thanks again for holding that one back until I could return with the cash. The more I examine it the more pleased I am with the purchase! It's as glorious to behold as to hold.

-Ian

Thank you Ian! It was nice meeting you and I'm glad you're enjoying your knife. Thanks for the post and the good words. :)

Check your email when you get a chance.

Back