What's going on in your shop?

Thanks for the video Keeton! I always felt I had to buy a tumbler to get a stone washed finish, but yours looks very good the way you did it there.

Funny you said that. I have another vid coming up on how to turn your 2x72 into a tumbler... I got tired of all the shaking! Very low cost option as well. If you don't mind shaking the screw top container with rocks will work like a charm! You could use large PVC pipe as well (3"+) with caps. Cheers Sean

I have several knives in the need to work on stages.

7-A6-BB8-C5-E671-442-F-8963-AA46-E10-BCB68.jpg

A couple elk hidden tangs that are almost finished.

A1403-B6-E-42-C8-47-B5-ABA2-CAA5-BB74-D216.jpg

A couple full tang hunters that are hardened and tempered.

FED0-B196-6-B2-F-48-FB-9831-7-A5-F747-B9-F7-D.jpg

A hidden tang hunter that is hardened and tempered.

4-C17449-A-0596-4-FC8-A9-B3-26-F03-E70-A795.jpg

And a handful that are rough shaped and ready for bevels and hardening.
A lot of nice knives in that bunch Dennis. I really like the profile on those hunters. Be sure to post them when you finish. Thanks!!!

I had the blade taped up the other day to glue the scales on and got called away from the shop. Went back the next day and the blade had rusted. Didn't put any WD40 on the blade like I normally do because I was going to get the scales on right away. Had to re-sand and start over. Lesson learned. I'll get some better pictures when I get it finished.
S0001e.jpg

I spent 1/2 a day Friday building my new work shop (inside a 16' cargo trailer). Now I do not have to finish my knives in the hot sun. Since I work away from home 95% of the year, I can take this with me and set it up at the RV parks I stay in. I am going to wire it all up to a 30 amp plug and
install an air conditioner next week ( yeah, I'm soft). I will be able to pull up, take my anvil and forge out the back and start making knives!

IMG_1165[1].JPG

IMG_1163[1].JPG

I spent 1/2 a day Friday building my new work shop (inside a 16' cargo trailer). Now I do not have to finish my knives in the hot sun. Since I work away from home 95% of the year, I can take this with me and set it up at the RV parks I stay in. I am going to wire it all up to a 30 amp plug and
install an air conditioner next week ( yeah, I'm soft). I will be able to pull up, take my anvil and forge out the back and start making knives!

View attachment 69912

View attachment 69910
genius.

I also made my 6th knife. It is for may Pop's 70th birthday. It isn't as good as most of you pros can do but his eyesight is going bad and he doesn't really need to be playing with sharp objects at his age anyway so it is perfect!!!!View attachment 69934View attachment 69936
That's a great idea. Wish I had some A/C. Thinking about building a real shop and moving out of the garage. Probably a pipe dream though.
Smily.png

I had the blade taped up the other day to glue the scales on and got called away from the shop. Went back the next day and the blade had rusted. Didn't put any WD40 on the blade like I normally do because I was going to get the scales on right away. Had to re-sand and start over. Lesson learned. I'll get some better pictures when I get it finished.
View attachment 69908
Love the overall shape of this model Randy. That is going to be a real stunner when the handle is finished

Man, that’s nice!! Fill us in a little. Steel? Materials? Be sure to post it when you finish. That’s gonna be gorgeous. :)

Thanks! It is forged out of CruForge V steel. Brass guard, g10 spacer. Australian Ringed Gidgee handle. 600 grit hand finish on the blade, though the light is not right to see it.

View attachment 69912

View attachment 69910
I find your dedication to the craft just as impressive as the mobile shop. I hope it serves you well!

Back