What's going on in your shop?

Getting organized. Built this little tool caddy tonight for my new (small) arsenal of leather tools.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 103
The first finished blade out of my shop in months is just a little replacement blade I made out of 1080 for a Buck 110.
ZxU2iaA.jpg

Good looking work all around fellas! :35:

Chris
What did they do to that 110!?!

I don't do folders, so I'm amazed that you can take one apart and put it back together and it looks all original. (except I like your grind way better than Buck's.)

Did you have to make new scales? Are those new pins as well, or can you drift the original pins out and then put them back in and dress them as well as the bolsters?

Last edited:
I don't do folders, so I'm amazed that you can take one apart and put it back together and it looks all original. (except I like your grind way better than Buck's.)

Did you have to make new scales? Are those new pins as well, or can you drift the original pins out and then put them back in and dress them as well as the bolsters?

Thank you for the compliment. As for replacing the blade, I cheated by not messing with the handle at all. I drilled and drove out the pivot pin. Pulled the blade out, made a copy, slid the new blade in and peened a new brass pivot pin in place. The only refinishing I did to the handle was on the front bolster to flush up the pin. The entire handle could have used a once over but as you might imagine, it's a hard use knife.

Justin, he claims he broke it trying to cut and pop out a hip or shoulder socket out of a deer. :les:

Chris

PS I didn't even mark the blade since I was just putting it in the 110 handle. I didn't want to appear to be claiming something that wasn't mine. Should I have marked the blade?

Not in the shop but did a little mushroom hunting today. I'm working on a new tool rest for my grinder hope to have it done tomorrow.
13fe0edd15375c00611dd8e6034ade02.jpg

I've just about got the tool rest done but I think I'm going to have to rest grind the notch in the bar that the table bolts to it's not exactly square. I was trying to make a clone of Chris Williams from Wilmont grinders tool rest would love to have one of his but not in the funds right now. I don't have any money into this one just time as I already had the 1.5 tube and the rest is scrap.

Finally finished up my etching unit tonight. Thank you to those who put plans online!
What a mess!
XWehjGC.jpg

First mark was claiming the unit as my own.
HoIjeiS.jpg

Now to clean up a stack of heat treated blades so I can put it to use.
SeRNCrF.jpg

Chris

I'm used to do a bit of wood working so I am a "jig-a-holic"...LOL ! I like to build jigs that help me make things faster....better and consistent so I made these jigs and vise for my new knife making adventure. They work VERY well and make life a lot easier for me :)

My bevel grinding jigs:

My handle/tang drilling fixture:

My knife vise:

I'm used to do a bit of wood working so I am a "jig-a-holic"...LOL ! I like to build jigs that help me make things faster....better and consistent so I made these jigs and vise for my new knife making adventure. They work VERY well and make life a lot easier for me :)

My bevel grinding jigs:

My handle/tang drilling fixture:

My knife vise:
Nice work on the jigs!

Back