What's going on in your shop?

Walt, with all the practice you've had since starting this one, getting rid of those few minor issues will be a snap. That one has all the makings of an outstanding little knife. Perfect edc

Walt, with all the practice you've had since starting this one, getting rid of those few minor issues will be a snap. That one has all the makings of an outstanding little knife. Perfect edc
Thanks John, it is an easy fix besides is only aebl not an old planer blade. Sandings easy now just takes time.

Well finished putting my Grizzly grinder togeather along with my drill press. Made a bunch of Micarta.Now to buy some metal and belts and I will be good too go.

Welcome to knife making. Get yourself a Respirator of some kind. Over time, the Formaldehyde in Micarta will pickle your brain and all of the fine dust we create will destroy your lungs.

I prefer these and sell them for full disclosure, this is not my ad and I sell them for less, but what is most important is for you to get something better that a rag or paper mask. https://www.amazon.com/Resp-O-Rator...&sr=1-1&keywords=resp-o-rator+dust+respirator

c236cd2cae6dfd1b9b7c67a156662e16.jpg

So I borrowed a addition to a sheath design from another maker on here.
This is my 80% self done HT is what Im referring to the 20%. Lol
Is a edc cutter in AEB-L with my-karta and an attept at a felt liner.

that's a serious chunk-o'-steel right there! I really like that handle shape. That big ol' butt should keep it from flying out of your hand at the wrong time.

I figured I'd post this up. Maybe they're some people here that might share my excitement because my wife certainly does not.

I picked up a Wilson Rockwell Hardness tester off craigslist. In excellent condition. Also came with 5 testing blocks, an additional diamond penetrator and a bunch of ball bearings. I have no idea what the ball bearing are used for.

$250 out the door!

I don't really have any use for it yet but sometimes you need to jump on a deal when you can.

C2TvX6El.jpg

oljASztl.jpg

Canister chain damascus we made at the hammer in last August.
This was a quick etch after heat treat. I need to go back and get it to a better finish and re-dip.

chain damascus folder blade.jpg

The other half of the his and hers pair post handle shaping and now the hand sanding begins. Any special tips for finishing monkey pod with true oil?

rigging in the new lathe...
I get to make some round parts soon.
rigging the lathe.jpg

Nice setup - "IF" I had that forklift I could move a big lathe also :)

Tell us about the lathe - brand, model, etc

nice lather boss.
two rescue knives i fixed up. i found them in the dirt by old home place. upper knife has no maker's mark, family says from the 1930's, new handle is maple. bottom knife is Regent Cutlery made in Columbia, new handle is cedar.
oldbutcher.jpg

Back