Kitchen Knife for my Wife's B-Day

HyattSprague

Hi there, finished this kitchen knife for my wife's b'day a few weeks ago. The blade is 01 carbon steel, full tang construction. The overall length is 13" with a blade length of 8.25". The handle is amboyna burl with red liners and 416 ss corby pins. The grind is flat. This was a stock removal build. Big thanks to MS Bruce Bump for his guidance. I'm new to knife making and forums advice on both is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC_0967.jpg
    DSC_0967.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC_0970.jpg
    DSC_0970.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_0971.jpg
    DSC_0971.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_0972.jpg
    DSC_0972.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 48
Hyatt has been coming over every week for several months now. He has become a good friend and is willing to help the old guy out here. I believe he has what it takes to stay with this journey.

Hyatt, welcome to the dog pound. You are one of us now so stick around and show more work.

Hyatt

Very nice first knife and an excellent choice for the recipient. Having Bruce Bump help you is a great choice. You are a lucky man. First for the wife and second for the mentor.

Make a few more and post up some pictures.

Welcome to KD.

DeMo

Hyatt,
Great looking chef/Santoku knife and I like the Amboyna wood handle with a little live edge at the front! Welcome to the pack here at KD's and with Bruce as a mentor and keeping your nose to the grind stone you will go far making knives!

I love being able to tell someone on the phone etc, well! I've gotta go get my nose back to the grindstone and really mean it!:3: LOL

Back