I'm teaching a Seminar on "Cut N Shoots" need ideas

Great so far Gentlemen, more more ideas.

How about some handout printed materials? Like calibers and powder measurement information? I have a generic plan for a pistol/lockback I could make copies of although I have no idea how many copies to make.
Ive done this one other time and time went away fast when I opened for discussion. I want to be better prepared this time.

Okay, I've had a quick moment to review the ideas and - no, I've nothing to add right now. Laurence really laid it out for me, hitting most of the questions I'd hammer you with should I ever get to watch you work. I trust you'll get the Cliff notes in for each of those thoughts. :) Lyon mentioned legal considerations but perhaps a note that 'there are some, and check your local and federal laws' would be in order. Safety is a biggie! How do you know when a barrel isn't going to blow up in the vise? LOL Probably that's why you use a string to pull the trigger a couple times? I glommed onto that one a long time ago; maybe the first lesson I took from you on this subject.

May I say? Justin Preston sounds already like me. :) I won't need to ask you any other questions... Justin - nice to meet you. I once lived in KC myself - 25+ years ago! I bet all my dives are gone now... Jeremy also knows what he's looking forward to. Me too.

Cubane also nailed it - video. Really Bruce, that needs to happen if Blade will license the idea. I dunno how that works but I'd sure love to be able to refresh myself a couple years from now when I finally develop some huevos and try my own hand. I've never been able to shake the idea. But no balls so far.

Handouts - if you're using powerpoint you can print three slides per page with space for notes. That always works best for me in a meeting.

Raymond? Well. Now we know how Ray creates such spiritual and powerful forms - off his pants! Umm, perhaps for the buddhas among us. That mightn't work for those like me who have to draw and erase, count stuff and measure and so on, with only the physical senses. I'd rather be Raymond. Failing that though, I'll be happy just making stuff, however clunky. :) Maybe a machine someday, eh?

See you in September Bruce and Justin!

Bruce, if you need an online place for any digital reference material, you can start a thread on the forum here and attach the documents to a message. That way you won't have 50 emails to return afterward. If you run into any file attachment problems, send them to me and I'll get them posted.

Bruce

You have received some pretty good advice, so far. I cannot help you any more with said trivial matters. Other than following your build threads - I have no knowledge on the subject. I am excited to see your presentation. I truly am - it should be very informative.

However, in two words I can help you become a much more accomplished speaker and make sure everyone comes back for more. Troll to the bottom and you shall find all that you are looking for . . . .

DeMo

"Free beer" Have a great day!!

Bruce
I think all the advise has been good if you can do a power point presentation that would work really well .You have enough WIPS with great photos to draw from. Just wish I could be there to hear and see your presentation.
Dont forget to send your old Aussie mate any handouts you produce. Good luck Bruce you will do a great Job, you are in my humble opinion you are the best current maker of Cut & Shoots anywhere in the world.
Ray.

Okay, I've had a quick moment to review the ideas and - no, I've nothing to add right now. Laurence really laid it out for me, hitting most of the questions I'd hammer you with should I ever get to watch you work. I trust you'll get the Cliff notes in for each of those thoughts. :) Lyon mentioned legal considerations but perhaps a note that 'there are some, and check your local and federal laws' would be in order. Safety is a biggie! How do you know when a barrel isn't going to blow up in the vise? LOL Probably that's why you use a string to pull the trigger a couple times? I glommed onto that one a long time ago; maybe the first lesson I took from you on this subject.

May I say? Justin Preston sounds already like me. :) I won't need to ask you any other questions... Justin - nice to meet you. I once lived in KC myself - 25+ years ago! I bet all my dives are gone now... Jeremy also knows what he's looking forward to. Me too.

Cubane also nailed it - video. Really Bruce, that needs to happen if Blade will license the idea. I dunno how that works but I'd sure love to be able to refresh myself a couple years from now when I finally develop some huevos and try my own hand. I've never been able to shake the idea. But no balls so far.

Handouts - if you're using powerpoint you can print three slides per page with space for notes. That always works best for me in a meeting.

Raymond? Well. Now we know how Ray creates such spiritual and powerful forms - off his pants! Umm, perhaps for the buddhas among us. That mightn't work for those like me who have to draw and erase, count stuff and measure and so on, with only the physical senses. I'd rather be Raymond. Failing that though, I'll be happy just making stuff, however clunky. :) Maybe a machine someday, eh?

See you in September Bruce and Justin!
Look forward to it ddavelarsen!

Yes, I will need an assistant more than likely, Thanks for the offer. Don't worry about looking good. :) We're just interested in guns and stuff.
This show will be easy for you to get to I see you live there in town!
Lol...sounds good just let me know as it gets closer if i can help with anything. Yes it will take me all of about 20 minutes to get to the venue :)

All good stuff guys. I think the slide show would be the best way to go. I'm drawing up a new project, a pistol/folder with a small bore .22 and lock back blade. It may not be finished in time but thats all the better as people can pass it around and play with it. I'll finish it at a later date. The slide show will be photos of the procedures up to that stage of the build.
Now I just need to figure out how to do a slide show. What does it take? A projector and screen no doubt but what else? Maybe Kaye will let me use her Macbook pro laptop. My iPad would be handy but there is no USB outlet.

All good stuff guys. I think the slide show would be the best way to go. I'm drawing up a new project, a pistol/folder with a small bore .22 and lock back blade. It may not be finished in time but thats all the better as people can pass it around and play with it. I'll finish it at a later date. The slide show will be photos of the procedures up to that stage of the build.
Now I just need to figure out how to do a slide show. What does it take? A projector and screen no doubt but what else? Maybe Kaye will let me use her Macbook pro laptop. My iPad would be handy but there is no USB outlet.

Bruce,
Get a carrousel projector and number out your slides with talking points below each number on a handout that you use as well, with room for notes. You've mentioned a .22 Cal Cut & Shoot. May I suggest that over the next couple of months you simplify a Cut & Shoot design.

A Build your own Cut & Shoot for dummies WIP in slides if you will. You can also put in examples of your fine finished C & S's as well. Kind of like the way you would show a bunch of Scouts how to grind/File/Sand their first B & T knife and at the same time talk and show them the improvements they can make on their next one. That way people can start at a doable level and the more advanced people will soak up the info from you as well.

I won't be there in Sept, but if you think I can help with something? Just ask?

I've been talking with Dan Cassidy about the presentation. He is going to take all my photos and videos on this build and put them together into a single power point slide show. Im thinking there may be over 200 shots for him to go through and edit.

Here is just a sampling of some of those shots.
I decided to make an "under-hammer" pistol with a lock back folding damascus blade. The pistol will be on the right side and the blade on the left. I made "Love and War" back in 2003 and this new one is based on the Love and War gun/folder. Notice the blade is on the right and pistol on the left? The new one should be easier to operate with the right hand.

IMG_0002_zpsbuaypz5t.jpg

IMG_0014_zpskfrethkm.jpg

IMG_0001_zpscyb7dbsz.jpg

IMG_0009_zps1tx7ukvl.jpg

Well, its been a really fun run making this little gun. It has mother of pearl grips (first time for me) and a 4" folding mosaic blade.
You need to come to Kansas City in September!

IMG_0001_zpslbij7kem.jpg

IMG_0004_zpsxefepfpe.jpg

Back