2"x72" Belt Grinder

Hey Larry - can you reuse the Evapo-Rust after it's been used once? OR - does it depend on how much rust has been removed? My qt should be here tomorrow. I've got a RR spike I'll test it on.

Ken H>

Yes Ken, you can use it over again until it stops being effective. Once it is used I store it in another container so it doesn't dilute the fresh stuff. It should work fine on a railroad spike.

Finally got back to the grinder this weekend. The last 2 weekends were spent dealing with frozen pipes at my camp in northern Vermont, unbelievable winter! I finished up the tension and tracking assemblies. For the tension I have a heavy spring inside the white tube, the clevis at the top and the block at the bottom both pivot. The clevis is threaded 1/2-13, this allows the tension to be adjusted. This is the first time a belt has been tried on the wheels, everything fit as planned on the drawings. The tension seems good too!

Clevis.JPGTension Assembly.JPG

Next I worked on mounting the motor. Set up on the rotary table to cut the opening for the face mount, and a bolt hole pattern. Checked the fit before removing the piece from the mill.

Rotary Table.JPGChecking the fit.JPG

A bit more work to do on the motor, but the basic parts are made and accurate.

Perfect fit.JPGMounted Motor.JPG

Thanks for looking, Larry

Back