A few sketched designs

Justin Presson

Hey guys,
I still have not worked on a knife in awhile. Yesterday I had a certain male procedure.....let's just say I have the jewels iced :)
But while I was laying around today worked on a few designs.
The 2 little ones are for a knife my wife wants me to make for her almost like a neck knife for when she goes running.
The top one in the sketch with 2 knives is going to be for my dad for his 60th birthday and am going to use that piece of damascus I won from Randy.

The others I was just trying to come up with some workable designs.

All critique and comments are welcome that's why I'm putting them out there.

Really like the middle knife in the last pic especially. Also the first one in the first pic.

My wife and I have discussed me having that procedure, I just can't seem to get up the cojones to follow through. :what!:

They all look great Justin. You my friend are certainly ahead of the curve. Not only with the quality of blades you've produced in your first year, but now it also seems so in design as well. One thing that really helped me was when I started using a French Curve when drawing designs. I'm not saying any of these need changed, but you might play around with one and see where it takes you.

Chris

My wife and I have discussed me having that procedure, I just can't seem to get up the cojones to follow through. :what!:

They all look great Justin. You my friend are certainly ahead of the curve. Not only with the quality of blades you've produced in your first year, but now it also seems so in design as well. One thing that really helped me was when I started using a French Curve when drawing designs. I'm not saying any of these need changed, but you might play around with one and see where it takes you.

Chris
About the procedure there is 30 minutes of my life I hope to never remember!! After that it's not bad at all, lots of ice and I took some ibuprofen but no major pain pills.

Thanks for the compliments. These are all free hand so some might need a little cleaning up. I really enjoy sketching with a pad and pencil always have since I was a kid.
I do need to get some french curves and try them out.
JP

I like them all, Justin, but I think my favorite is the very last knife. Still, they all have that Presson look to them and each would make a great knife of its own right. I can understand how you like to sketch out designs. I have probably 30 or more CAD designs for folders that I still haven't gotten to yet. Keep sketching.

I learned a long time ago that no matter what design, materials, etc. you choose, there will be people who like it and people who don't. You have the talent to make any of those come out nice so make what you wanna make.
Having said that I like #1, #3, & #8.

i like bottom one second page. when i had my procedure, they put a little valium in my veins, so i dont remember a thing. procedure friday morning back at work monday morning

i like bottom one second page. when i had my procedure, they put a little valium in my veins, so i dont remember a thing. procedure friday morning back at work monday morning
Scott, I got to my appointment and the nurse asked me if I had taken a Valium and I said " I didn't know that hat was an option!!"

Back