New Shop Pics

Hey guys, I've been wanting to do this for a while and this morning I thought I would actually do so. Here they are with a little description of each even though they should be pretty much self-explanatory.

1. I'll start with the clean room which is inside my house. Hardness tester is up first.
2. Actual clean room. Photo set-up on left, handle material cabinet behind that, sheath work at the back, epoxy area on far right, & the first area on the right is for etching, design/pattern making, & packaging. The big box is full of bubble wrap, packing paper, etc..
3. Taken standing at my back door looking toward the shop. The door on the right corner is for woodworking, lawn, & garden. The door on the left is the knife shop.
4. Shelf for short bars of steel, assorted supplies, & junk. LOL This shelf is one section of shelving along the wall of my dads old store. It was built in the early 40's and is made from 12" wide #1 pine boards and there isn't a knot in it anywhere. I'm not sure if you could even buy wood like this today and if you could I bet it would be pretty pricey.
5. Ol' Griz (mostly used as a buffer these days) and a catch-all shelf. I do use the far end for plate quenching. If I ever get a mill and a lathe this is where it will go.
6. Furnace, boom box (gotta have some tunes in the shop), A/C-heater combo., & filing cabinet.
7. Drill press, sandpaper storage, tool cabinet, current projects in various stages of completion, peg board for more frequently used hand tools, & vise with dust collector hood bolted down next to it. It does an excellent job of collecting dust while I'm in the "shoe shine" mode.
8. Dust collector, bandsaw, & Bader grinder. The 30 gallon can beside it is my spark trap. It doesn't hold water so I put a 5 gallon bucket with a couple of gallons of water in it under the intake and the hose extends downward a couple of inches below the top of the bucket. Works like a charm and all I have to do to clean it, is remove the lid, take the bucket out, empty it, & put it back in.
Anyway, that's it. My old shop wasn't sealed and didn't have climate control or dust collection. Now that weather doesn't stop me from working my only excuse is laziness. LOL Which reminds me its time to get off of this computer and go to work.

Attachments

• Shop #1.jpg
    Shop #1.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Shop #2.jpg
    Shop #2.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 150
  • Shop #3.jpg
    Shop #3.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Shop#4.jpg
    Shop#4.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 138
  • Shop #5.jpg
    Shop #5.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 154
  • Shop #6.jpg
    Shop #6.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 150
  • Shop #8.jpg
    Shop #8.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 148
  • Shop #9.jpg
    Shop #9.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Shop #10.jpg
    Shop #10.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 143
Nice looking work areas my Friend. Good to see you settled in and back at it.

I like the office/desk area with the light tent set up. I'd kill for a nice clean area for paperwork, drawings and photos like that.

Looks like a great set up! I like getting a peek into others shops. Like John said glad you are getting settled and back at it.

I like seeing that I'm not the only one that uses old contact solution bottles for oils, alcohols and other liquids.

It ain't never gonna work, its too clean. Man I would give my eye teeth for a shop like that, real nice. Now go build some knives and dirty it up some!:biggrin:

John - I am really enjoying the inside workbench. I have enough space for each job/process but everything is still close together.

Justin - I hear ya, I always enjoy pics of other peoples shops.

Jess - Those things are great, especially when you're as clumsy as I am. If you turn it over you don't get it all over the bench, floor, etc..

Slatroni & Craft - Since I've been in the new shop, I make it a point to clean up every Monday morning. I don't know how long its gonna last though. HEHEHE

Wayne - You mean your work benches aren't PINK?

I know you deserved one like you have now and did have to work to get it, and wow it has happened Darrin !!! Great !!!
Frank

Wow, that's pretty nice, Darrin. Mmmmmm; climate control!

I have everything crammed into my garage which doubles as storage space for lawn and garden equipment as well as whatever the wife and kids throw out there.

Hey Darrin - I just looked on google maps - you ARE way out in the country! Even better on a dead end road. I like the location and your shop looks nice! Keep it looking like that.

Ken H

Yep, I'm out in the country but only 6-8 minutes from anything I need. The other place I lived was 1.5 hours from anything. The dead end is nice because there is no through traffic. I'm doing my best to keep it clean.

Back