BOSS, help 911

C Craft

I just tried to open the forum. I got a page saying I needed to log in. Wondering why I was logged out when I was on not too long ago, I tried to log in twice. It kept telling me something was wrong. So shut down that window and tried again to open the forum, this time it comes up and I am logged in even though I had not been successful on the last two tries in the other window. I think we got a rat fink in the forum!!

Add this to the other stuff that has happened today,

http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php?40434-I-got-a-new-email-today&p=316341#post316341

and this will be another password I am changing. Somehow someone has got access to my email. I am not sure how but everyone needs to be very vigilant!!!!

Remember the thread Boss started the other day about spammers trying to guess your password? They try 5 times and the software locks them out so they go on and try it on another user. It has been happening to me over on IFI for about a week now. I think that it was the day after Tracy warned us.

Man, you have really been hit on lately, first PayPal then here on KD.

Last edited:
Yes I remember Wayne, evidently the attacks are still going on! Some how someone got into my email I think. I ran a full security scan last night, which came up with nothing on my PC but, I feel they are in somewhere! That was why I put up this thread to, let everyone know and to remind them to be vigil.

A year ago or more I got an email from one of the members of this forum. I also knew him from another forum and we had talked several times back and forth. The email said, he was in jail in Mexico and needed bail money.

I knew I had just talked to him the day before. So I emailed and him and asked him if he knew he was in jail in Mexico and since I wasn't sending him bail money, :what!: he would just have to sit it out!:sad::biggrin:
He then told me they had hacked his email and his contacts, and this was one among many that had emailed him saying they received emails and needed money for one reason or another!

The lazy and shiftless are among us and given a chance they can and will attack anyone's life!

We are seeing an increase in this kind of password guessing attack. Nothing really much we can do until we collect several more IP addresses and block them. The problem with this is it is trivial to get a new IP so they just rotate through them.

Yea, I know Boss, it just chaps my jaws. I wish I was smart enough to write computer code and these bums are that smart but are too lazy and shiftless to get a real job. I mainly wanted to put this up to let everyone know the attacks are still going on. I thought they had gotten into my PC but the security system says NO. Not that I trust that a 100%. I do think they may have gotten into someone's PC and their email and contacts. It don't seem there is any relief anymore. We all wanted to be more connected and we got it. How is that old saying, be careful of what you ask for!!!

Well it just happened again. I decided to go back and look at the forum after this morning. When I opened it I have the sign in page in front of me. I never signed out after this mornings session! So curious I shut down that window and tried again to open the forum and this time I am signed in!!!

Deja vu Boss, this is different than being logged out because someone has been guessing the password because, I am not truly logged out! It is like someone is offering up a phony site to get you to actually give them your password! Or maybe I am just being to suspicious! Once I shut that window down and open a new window to get on the forum, there I am already logged in! This is the same thing that happened the other day only I tried to log in twice before I shut the window down.

I have already changed my password and they didn't get me too try and log in this time.............................! So I am going to report my own thread!!!!

we have other spam bot software in place so they mostly get blocked.
This is an effort to guess a password, log on quick, post a few spam messages and they move on.

The solution is to have a password that isn't a word but a combination of upper and lower case letters, maybe a number and maybe a character like @#$%^&

The software locks them out for 15 minutes after 5 failed guesses so they don't just keep hammering it until they guess it.

Just an annoyance is all. We are seeing 3 or 4 attempts a day which in the spambot world is nothing.

OK, I will quit being a PITA about this one. I just realized at that point today someone had be throwing up a phony site. In my opinion this one is smarter than most the way they are going at it! I didn't want him/her to cause the forum any undo problems. I just don't know enough about how all this stuff works! I think that is the saddest parts of all this. All that knowledge on how to hack a PC or create a spam bot and they are too lazy to do a days work!

Back