I got a new email today

C Craft

Tonight I checked my email and I got an email saying my PayPal account had been limited and please login with this link to fix the problem! :what!:

So I opened a new window and logged into PayPal and as suspected the email was a phony. I wonder how many actually do login to a link like that and give up just what they need to run up your account!!:les:

Look I was born at night but not last night! So I have been changing passwords for my email, PayPal and a few others. You know it just chap my jaws that folks that are obviously so smart are so damn lazy and unscrupulous! I can not stand a liar and a thief and this was both in one!!

Be aware there is an email going around that says your PayPal account has been limited, click this link to fix! DON'T DO IT!!!

What's sad is it does work.... they do actually get folks with it..even in this day and age..you would think with all the years now that people have been getting ripped off, like you said..a simple check would prevent it... but sadly..

And when I was in law enforcement the ones especially that get a burr under my saddle, is the people that scam the elderly. .especially after a disaster. .tree removal, roof replacment etc.... but then again..I'm getting on my soapbox lol

I get emails like that all the time from what look to be legitimate sources. I have a policy not to ever click a link from an email. That policy alone has saved me from many phishing scams. You know, if these people would just harness that ingenuity into something positive, they could really make something of themselves. As it is, I hope they all get their comeuppance.

Back